The Surrogate Parent Plan Book will be released soon, as I am nearly finished.
The book will include the topics listed below.
I don’t intend to sell the book, except I will sell a condensed version on Amazon for 99c to capture a larger audience for the free version I will be publishing from this website.
I am aware that many special needs parents don’t need ANOTHER cost, so I want The SPP Book to be free wherever possible.
On my podcast you can listen to me reading out the first few chapters I wrote a while ago, and the more recent work I’ve written will be released with the book as a final product.
I do intend to have the book printed, but not initially.
When my book is finished I will put a full copy here for anyone to download.
What is the TSPP?
Why am I writing TSPP?
What is TSPP for?
What inspired me to write this book?
2/ Some quick Q&A
How much does TSPP actually cost to put in place?
A word on nursing homes
Can any child’s level of disability be incorporated to TSPP?
Is this book about fundraising?
Can TSPP fail?
Final reality check
3/ On a Personal Note
4/ Is this book really necessary
Remember this is all about choice
5/ To all you parents of special needs kids
A general lack of understanding is always near us
The problem with professionals is…
Your SPP for your Adult-child
6/ Where should you start
Money Makes the World go Round
People will be People
Dot the “i”s
7/ Raising money
Low income earners
Middle income earners
High income earners
- Our wishes for Rosie
- Our SPP (Who to make SP, where they are to live, how will it be possible?)
- Enabling “our wishes” (money, legal & the management of the plan)
1/ Dear Rosie
- My wishes for Rosie when the time comes (in one paragraph)
- Meaning of the letter
- Contents/objective of the letter
- Reviewing the Letter later
- Dear Rosie, from Mum
2/ Questions you need to answer as best you can before you create your SPP
- Identify your child’s specific needs & abilities
- Find the right settings for your child to reside in for life
- Will your ideal setting exist when the time comes?
3/ How to choose a SP to stand the test of time
4/ Legal Instructions upon our death
- If she is under 18 years of age
- If she is over 18 years
- The Trust Fund Committee members (TTFC)
- The TFC Responsibilities
- Trust Fund Manager (TFM)
5/ Money Matters
- Where you fall in the “bracket” will change everything
- After death
- Life Insurance (a necessary evil)
- In Trust
6/ Getting help for your Plan
- Who can you ask to help you today?
- Financial Planning
- Legal Stuff
- Your SPP Checklist
- Write an “Intentions List” for the TFC
- Letter’s to all Key Players
- RE: Liam (ie siblings etc)
- Our current financial commitments
APPENDIX (free downloads online)
Financial Projection Excel Spreadsheet